Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking at investing in a smaller portable used 110v mig welder. I'm deciding between both the Lincoln 3200HD and the Lincoln Pro Mig 140. Both seem to be spec'd quite similar. Any major difference or is it more a new/old model thing? Anybody using either of these units? I'd greatly appreciate your input!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im using the 3200 hd. It has been used alot, and it works realy good. im not gonna say great, but for being a 110, it does everything ive asked it to with no problems. I cant realy give a good comparison for the other welder, cause this is the only 110 that ive ever used. Im used to the 220's with higher amps. One thing i do know is that on the 110 if you try to run it consistantly with high heat, it will thermal overlaod, and have to wait till it cools down. For body panels and such, ive never hit the thermal spot yet. GL

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have the Lincoln 140HD. Great little welder, no complaints at all :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey shinyside take a look at the lincoln 175 110 volt unit . i bought one at turkey run a about 10 years back works great dialed down i'll weld soda can thickness up to i believe it was 5/16 in steel ,look for and older units clean and cheap and replace consumables and you should be good to go :D ive herd that a lot of parts in the newer ones are built overseas (rumored) miller makes a good unit in that range also.sorry no better info i can give on the newer models

·
Registered
35 Posts
There isn't a "best" 110v welder lol. However, just buy the largest Duty Cycle you can afford. I would stay away from the Dayton ones, Miller or Lincoln are both good brands and have replacement parts/accessories readily available. I have used Hobart as well but do not prefer it, just my two cents, I know some people swear by Hobart but I do not. It all boils down to the correct tool for the application vs amount of use / price justification. I will say that I have never regretted buying a quality tool, no matter the small amount of use.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
We have a Lincoln SP100 at work. It is 20 years old and the only thing we have replaced is the liner.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Lincoln SP 175 but its a 220v,
Works awesome, I tried the 140 and it would pop the breakers constantly in the garage....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts