Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im notthe tallest person but some times my legs get cramped in the nova i have seen brackets to make it where i can get more room outta the bench seat and am wondering if any one has made them?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I am 6'7''. I just deal with hugging the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
im notthe tallest person but some times my legs get cramped in the nova i have seen brackets to make it where i can get more room outta the bench seat and am wondering if any one has made them?

Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Somehow, the steering wheel seems a lot closer to me now than it did when I was 21 years old.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and felt a little cramped in my "new" '66. I took some 1/8 flat stock and bent up some brackets so my seat sits 3" farther back on the adjusters. If I like that ( and I figure I will ) I'll alter the floor to suit next year. I also altered the height of the brake pedal and moved it 2 1/2" back 'cause it was sitting way too high. Waaaaaay better for my long legs.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
seems like a simple piece of flat stock w/ holes drilled and move the seat back.... bend it a little to follow the contour of the floor
I've been thinking of cutting mine down, I want to sit about 1 or 2 inches lower (6' 1")

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and felt a little cramped in my "new" '66. I took some 1/8 flat stock and bent up some brackets so my seat sits 3" farther back on the adjusters. If I like that ( and I figure I will ) I'll alter the floor to suit next year. I also altered the height of the brake pedal and moved it 2 1/2" back 'cause it was sitting way too high. Waaaaaay better for my long legs.
Got any pictures of your modification? I'm 6 1 and in the same boat with my 64.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts