Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’ve had three 63ss bodies and one 64 and they all looked the same.
[/QUOT.
It’s hard for me to view the last couple pictures. What I’m looking for is the hole spacing on the part were the seat mounts to the support. The hole spacing on my seats is 13 inches from left to right. Not front to rear. I’m trying to figure out if they will work with aftermarket bucket seat mounts. Like the daycorn ones

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is how my 63 SS looks. It is interesting that mine does not have the studs or the outside reinforced mount. I know the seat is not OEM.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I think the Dynacorn mounts are 66-67 and maybe 65 mounts. Those cars had a wider console then the early cars like mine.
It’s hard for me to view the last couple pictures. What I’m looking for is the hole spacing on the part were the seat mounts to the support. The hole spacing on my seats is 13 inches from left to right. Not front to rear. I’m trying to figure out if they will work with aftermarket bucket seat mounts. Like the daycorn ones View attachment 401284

·
Registered
290 Posts
I’ve done this exact conversion - ‘64 bench seat Nova converted to ‘66 Nova SS bucket seats. And since the repop tracks mentioned above were not Nova correct, and I used ‘66 Buick A-body Strato buckets, I had to cut down the A-body tracks. Anything you want to know, I’m happy to share, along with photos.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Man a lot of information I appreciate all of it. but now I’m really confused . Because a lot of the info is conflicting. From what I understand i have 67 seats because they have the button on the side to flip it up? What I don’t understand is if the seat tracks will bolt directly to repops bucket seat mounts like the daycorn ones??

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting to install your 1967 Strato buckets (if they are not original 67 Nova seats, they will not have the correct tracks and as mentioned you will either need to fabricate them or use the aftermarket ones which are not 100% correct for Novas of any year - I was told they are retooling to make them correct, but there is no ETA. Nova tracks are 1" shorter and they are lower than A-body tracks.) in your '62. In order to do that, you will need the bucket seat bracket kit suggested by others above. '65-'67 Novas had a wider center console and narrower bucket seats than the earlier cars. The outer, forward bracket you see used for '66 and '67 is needed for the narrower seats to mount the outer tracks 1" inboard (towards the centerline) of the bench seat track location or else the seatback will hit the armrest. The rear of the track will use the second hole as you shift it inward. Here is my '64 with the '66-67 bucket seat mounts welded into place in the '66/67 factory location. As far as the carpet goes, 'the '62 carpet will fit over the bucket seat brackets just fine so long as you are not using a floor shift hump.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting to install your 1967 Strato buckets (if they are not original 67 Nova seats, they will not have the correct tracks and as mentioned you will either need to fabricate them or use the aftermarket ones which are not 100% correct for Novas of any year - I was told they are retooling to make them correct, but there is no ETA. Nova tracks are 1" shorter and they are lower than A-body tracks.) in your '62. In order to do that, you will need the bucket seat bracket kit suggested by others above. '65-'67 Novas had a wider center console and narrower bucket seats than the earlier cars. The outer, forward bracket you see used for '66 and '67 is needed for the narrower seats to mount the outer tracks 1" inboard (towards the centerline) of the bench seat track location or else the seatback will hit the armrest. The rear of the track will use the second hole as you shift it inward. Here is my '64 with the '66-67 bucket seat mounts welded into place in the '66/67 factory location. As far as the carpet goes, 'the '62 carpet will fit over the bucket seat brackets just fine so long as you are not using a floor shift hump.

View attachment 401371
Something I did that is a little different, yet necessary because of my height, was to fab a second set of seat mounts located 3" back from the factory location in order to create a more comfortable driving position.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts