Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a bench seat in really good condition and at a really good price (didn't have a cage and I read that the plastic race seats will litterally pull away from the mounting threads over time)

Anyhow, the one thing is this. On the seat tracks, there is only one bolt holding each seat track to the seat. They are located on the front of the bench. I noticed another hole in the back of the bench but the seat track is not long enough to reach this hole.

Could they have been bolted down with only one bolt per track?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
All bench sear tracks mount to the seat in 2 places forward and rear. My guess is the tracks are not correct for the seat ! On a second thought measure the the distance between the track to floor mounting holes and compare with your floor mounting spread ,the tracks could be incorrect .:confused:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All bench sear tracks mount to the seat in 2 places forward and rear. My guess is the tracks are not correct for the seat ! On a second thought measure the the distance between the track to floor mounting holes and compare with your floor mounting spread ,the tracks could be incorrect .:confused:
I just measured the holes to the mounting location on the car and the that is correct, but the track itself is a few inches too short.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts