Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Want to remove just the backrest portion of my bench seat in a 3rd. gen Nova and wondered how to do the center hinge removal. I can see the end hinge joint but not sure how to remove the back portion from the center hinge. Can this be done or do I need to remove the entire seat? Would like to have a small upholstery job done on the back rest but don't want to take in the entire seat.....any ideas appreciated........thanks...:yes:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW...nobody here has a "CLUE" like me????:no:

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
i think you will have to remove the bottom of the seat first. because my backrest had two bolts that were behind the back of the bottom seat hope this helps if it dont it will bump the post up so others can see your question

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
bench seat extraction..

Orest, you can remove the seat back with the bottom still in the car...simply remove the chrome end cap from the seat hinge....then pry the hinge off of the pin...be careful to protect seat finish with a rag or pad...you may be able to just pull it off by holding the seat with one hand and pulling with the other.....or have someone help.

next...start to turn the seat back and it will pivot around the center mounting point and come loose....once you do it once it will be easy....

any money you find in or under the seat belongs to me :yes::devil:

wilma

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi- I am trying to do this same thing. Can you tell me where the seat hinge is??? Any info or picture is welcomed and appreciated:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts