Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a new brake system installed. Left the rears drums but installed all new lines front and back, new power disc brakes on the front. I got the kit from Ground Up...
Today I filled up the master cylinder and went to bleed..couldn't get it to move any fluid...then I remembered the little piece of paper that came with the master cylinder about bench bleeding. So I figure the master cylinder still has air in it and that is my issue.

Is there any way to bench bleed with the master cylinder / booster still on the car??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Yes, disconnect your lines from the master cylinder . You should have a bleeder kit that came with the master cylinder.
Run the lines into the master and stroke the pedal slowley until all the air is purged.
Holding the pedal to the floor for a minute every few strokes helps.
Hook up your brake lines to the master cylinder and snug them.
Step on the pedal while loosening each brake line to the master to remove any chance of remaining air.
Then you can gravity bleed right rear, left rear, right front and left front.
You should have a decent pedal by then but still have someone help you pressure bleed the system.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
brakes

I had the same issues with my wilwoods i tried everything, the Phoenix injector fixed all of my problems forces fluid from the calipers to the master.

http://www.brakebleeder.com/

i bought the nice one max pro....$200 they do make some cheaper models check it out it workeds GREAT and a ONE MAN JOB.

P.S. Make sure you're connections are all leak free.

Thanks,
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts