Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new tires and wheels installed today. Completely rebuilt the front suspension and installed 2" drop spindles to level out the car. Got an alignment too. Took months to receive the tires. Had a very tough time finding a tire place that could balance these wheels correctly. Had to find a shop that has a lug centric adapter tool for the balancer machine and a technician from the 80's who knows how to use it. Bought the wheels from Ground-up aka SS396.com as a kit which included the 14 x 7 wheels, lugs, center caps and trim rings. Unfortunately, all stamped "made in china". The trim rings provided with the kit are not correct for these wheels. They are only 2-1/4" wide. I bought the correct width 3" rings from Classic. Two of the wheels have pretty bad run out and should be swapped out. I'm hoping Ground up will provide good customer service.

Before
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

After
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1966 SS Artesian Turquois
425 Posts
I thought the before picture was the finished product which I thought looked good. When I scrolled down and realized there was a after picture WOW that looks great.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Man, I like both looks and that is a great looking Nova sitting on top of the tires. The newer look definitely makes the tires look more "Beefy"

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wheels are like pizza,one guys favorite is another guys dog food. I never cared for the GM rally wheels but any of the Magnum 5 spoke variations that came from the different manufacturers are my favorites on almost all muscle cars. That's a home run with the wide ovals,especially if they're the radial lookalikes. Nice. A set of slapper bars would suit that look really well.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. Here is a picture from my first show last Saturday since the new look. I think the drop spindles really nailed the stance. The photographer is a local amateur guy who really should turn pro. Russ Muller makes all the cars look great. Check him out on FB and on www.cruisinorlando.com .

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts