Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! It has been a long time since I posted any progress on my SS. Mostly because there hasn't been any progress. Well, now I am trying to get her road ready because she is shortly going to be my daily driver.

I just bought a new intake and carb, new valve covers and a new electric fan with relay for temp control.

My questions are: does anybody know the part numbers off the top of their head for the '69-'71 big block heater core and cover? Will these bolt to a 4th gen? Where to get them?

Thanks for any and all help!

Cort

Sorry, no pics of the car recently....Soon....

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Hey Cort,

Are you having clearance issues with your original core? I dont know if this works, but if clearance is an issue, try flipping the original core around in the heater box. I bought a new core and wanted the shop to chop the inlets and weld elbows to run them in a better location and he just told me to flip it inside the box. Havent confirmed this to work but it might if clearance is the issue. Hope to see a burn out soon :yes: looking good

Gary

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Cort,

Are you having clearance issues with your original core? I dont know if this works, but if clearance is an issue, try flipping the original core around in the heater box. I bought a new core and wanted the shop to chop the inlets and weld elbows to run them in a better location and he just told me to flip it inside the box. Havent confirmed this to work but it might if clearance is the issue. Hope to see a burn out soon looking good

Gary

i hate to be the one to tell you this but that will not work. when i had that problem in my 78 2 door a guy at the shop i go to told me the same thing i spent 7hr trying to figure out how to make it work and it never did. so i just had a buddy put elbows on mine he did it for like $30 bucks.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I don't see y it wouldn't work...did the core not fit in the box the other way? I got a new core for the 305 and it seems to work. Ill get a picture

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, due to funds, I'll probably just pull the core and re-solder the fittings. The elbow I put on before to clear the valve cover held up great, but I must've got it too hot and loosened up the the other welds on the upper fitting....

Progress is coming along though. I'm waiting on an order from Classic Ind. right now that has my new 2" drop leafs for the rear and a whole bunch of misc stuff. I hate putting her together without finishing the body work, but I don't want to be driving my '60 daily either.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts