Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have this problem...I have a oem style radiator that is falling apart in my 73 causing me to have overheating problems. I plan on ordering a rad from summit but can't decide between BCI-65002 and SUM-380458(part#s). My Nova has a mild 350, manual, no a/c, 190 therm...price is an issue but these to rads are about the same price except the summit one is like a couple bucks more and has the trans cooler which I WOULD just have to plug...please go to summit website and compare both radiators and tell me which one you would pick street/cruiser/daily driver Bottom line is I now both fit but I don't know much about the cooling system:confused:

:beer: :chev: :usa:

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Ask them the fin per inch. The higher the fin count the better the cooling. I found out my (store brand name) radiator is only 12 per inch. The brand name radiator is 18 per inch and has a 30% higher cooling capacity.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DriveWFO said:
I'm running an aluminum Griffin radiator and it works great for me. If I remember correctly, it was less than $200.
What is the part# and where did you buy it from? How much did you have to modify if any?:beer:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D Well I went ahead and order my Rad today(SUM-380328 RADIATOR ALUM CHEV 28 X 19) should be here in a couple of days hopefully without any surprises I can't handle...:cool:

:chev: :usa:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts