Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been restoring early Novas, 62-67, for a few years but just recently have had some problems with substandard repop parts and accessories from some Nova parts distributors in the eastern part of the US. These distributors will sell these parts knowing that they have had several returned already, either shipped broken in the package or defective in other ways. Now don't get me wrong, not all parts distributors are alike. One instance I recently encountered was a lower door hinge for a Nove coupe I ordered from xxx, when the part came it had a detent pin broken in the package. I called them and they sent me a new one that was also broken the same way and of course I had to pay the return shipping charges for them anyway even though they were defective. I later found out from their supplier TWE, that this had been a problem for some time and they had advised all their distributors not to ship these for now. This same distributor, xxxx is also sending out drip rail mouldings that are too wide to snap over the roof rail but fail to tell you of this problem until you call them with questions why they don't fit and they give you some story of a GM crimping tool you need to put them on the car, horse apples. Also they wont take them back without a restock charge and you pay the return shipping. They are making more on the parts in 20% restock fees than they make initially and they get the part back for resale so why not send out these defective parts anyway. Well I have said enough for now and have learned a lesson the hard way and will keep this in mind next time I need parts. I hope this has enlightened some of you to this problem so you won't have to put up with this garbage.

Thanks..

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Man, I hate to hear that. I deal with them on a regular basis due to them being local. I've had issues B4 and problems are always resolved, most recently a heater core that didn't fit. Went through 3 B4 I got the right one, after providing them with specific measurements. The one that fit was listed by their supplier as being for a 76.

Newer service manuals offered these days may be for previous year models with a supplement book for changes to the later models, as is mine.

Earlier, I purchased my master cylinder & booster from them. They had in writing that since the part was not year specific, the part could not be returned.

I have provided them proof that parts work & they change their catalog to suit. I'm not familiar with suppliers. These were OER purchased through them.

I'd be pi$$ed as well had that been my experience with anyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts