Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on installing teh Comp Cams rev kit in my big block and ran into a snag. Some of the springs seem to install on a angle that somwhat mimics the angle of the pushrods. The problem is that the push rods won't go down thru the spring and teh spring seat to go into the lifters. Is there a way to fix this and is it ok to have the springs on an angle? They don't sit flush on the seat installed on top of the lifter. Sorry I don't have a pic, but I would appreciate any pics of BBC rev kits installed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's a pic of the angle of the spring and how it sits on the lifter and mount. Is this right? Will they be ok like this?

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I have never installed a rev kit on a BBC but .....That doesn't look correct! It seems the angles are all wrong.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've got a Crower rev kit for my BBC but have not installed it so I don't have anything to compare to - is there any chance the spring plate can be turned 180 deg and fit better?

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No, the block side of the plate is carved to match the contours of the block.'

I fidgeted with it a little and can get the pushrods to fit (I'm using compe 1 peice 7/16 pushrods). I'm just really concerned with the springs. That angle can't be good for them since they'll be compressing and distorting every time instead of compressing straight down like a coil spring is designed to do. If they'll work ok like this I'll run them, but I don't want the springs to go bad or break after 500 miles.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'd send that pic to Comp. That doesn't look right at all.:no:

On another note, does the upper bar have a hard steel shim or locater to keep the spring from chewing away at the aluminum?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
That is correct. understand it's not a lot of pressure. The rev kit keeps the lifter in touch with the cam eliminating what is called as "coasting". It only has 50-60ft of pressure tops. Also the amount of lift at the lobe is not that great.

They have been this way for BBC, it must be at a angle of the push rod.

Your good to go.:yes:

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts