Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What aftermarket baffled oil pans fit 3rd gen with BBC? Do you have clearance issues, ground header or other ?

I noticed a thread that showed a notched cross member, I would rather stay away from that....

Thanks for any feedback.

Dale

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Not to worry the nocthed sub frame was for stroked BB I use a 7qt Moroso no issues at stock ride height.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the lowest part hang below the crossmember ?

Do you happen to know the Moroso pan you have 9" ?

Dale

A

·
0 Posts
Just an FYI........I purchased an aftermarket stock pan off of EBay and have had no issues........I put in a 427 this past winter.
AG

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Matt King used Moroso's Eliminator pan with the kicked out side rail like the one on my small block, when he had the big motor in Project Super Nova. Milodon also makes a similar kick out piece--both are worth 20-25h.p. more than a stock pan. Fit is tight, but it does fit if you get a later version pan; some early units needed clearancing.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
SyncroMush said:
Does the lowest part hang below the crossmember ?

Do you happen to know the Moroso pan you have 9" ?

Dale
Dale it is 9" pan don't remember if it hangs below cross member I think it is about the same.Engine is out right now.If you want I can measure to figure it out.

Paul

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for the replies. I am probably just paranoid. I plan to use the car mostly at the strip, and occasionally on the road. I don't want to have the pan scape on driveways.

Dale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts