Chevy Nova Forum banner

BBC in a 66??

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  67 Chevy II 
#1 ·
Who has put a big block in a first or second gen and what front suspension did you use to make it fit?? I am curently looking into using a C5 corvette setup on my 66.

Thanks, Brian

#3 ·
This looks like an FAQ.
If someone can find all the "BBC into 1st/2nd gen" threads I can merge them into a master thread.

#4 ·
You are welcome to poke around on my web site (link below). There's examples of two different front ends with a big block. I recommend one of the newer style front clip options which make it an easy project without any or little fabrication. The most common are probably Chassisworks, TCI, and Heidt's, but there a many others too. There are plenty of guys on this board with a wide array of different vendors products that can give you feedback.

#5 ·
bbc chevy II

I have asked the same question too.. I purchased a 67 with heidts and put a bbc in it.. I am to the point now where i need headers and so far its either get some from lemmons or make some custom one myself..because I want in frame headers. I have noticed if you buy a alston front clip they make thier own bbc inframe headers, whereas heidts does not.. so thats my opinion..:sleep:

#6 ·
I have a Chassisworks clip with BB & their headers that fit perfectly but not sure if they would on someone else's or not. I know there's several others on here that have Heidt's clips with other vendors headers that seem to have worked, so hopefully they will chime in with their input. I think you have other options than Lemmons or U fab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.