Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no room for me to run the exhaust over the axle. I will need to run some fenderwells, with a muffler pretty much under the seats, and an exit in front of the rear tire.

Anyone know where to get some cheap fenderwell exits for bbc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose getting over the rear axle has nothing to do with it. :D

But having no room for mufflers with the driveshaft in place is a no no. :no:

I have to run them on the outside of the frame rails, which leads me to believe that some fenderwell exit headers would be perfect to modify the collector angle to my needs. :yes:

I have seen them before on a first gen with the whole stock front end cut up to run them through the backside of the inner fender panels...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Keep your eyes on ebay !! you can get them for around 350.00 bucks used . OTHERWISE spend over 500.00 new.
i use them on my 62 witha heidts clip, i dont like the tire clearance (they rub the tires ona hard turn) oh and i had to take around 4 inches off the collector ,they were around 2 inches form the ground .(i have 2 inch drop spindles) . I would seriously think about another brand . I HAVE NOTHING good to say about the hookers!!!

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I used a set of Hooker Super Comp fenderwell headers and had the exhaust next to the frame rails. In fact the whole exhaust system (minus headers) is just standing in the corner of the garage. It's been high temp coated and has some Flowmaster 3 chamber big block mufflers. You will have to cut off the collectors, cut the tubes shorter and weld the collector back on if you want the car to sit right and still be able to connect the exhaust system. I ended up changing clips and now have chassis headers but still exit in front of the rear wheels.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im definitely not going for the gasser look, or raised up front end. I plan to find some and change the whole collector area to make it have more ground clearance.

Are your fenderwell exit headers for a bbc? any pics?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hooker Fenderwell Headers

About 6 months ago there was a guy on Craigslist in Phoenix selling a set. I know that seems like a long time ago, but then again there isn't that much demand for these either.

I have the Hooker 2280 on my car with some cut and weld modifications done before the flanges to get a tighter radius. Mufflers are turbo style and dump just before the rear axle.

My $.02

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Well im definitely not going for the gasser look, or raised up front end. I plan to find some and change the whole collector area to make it have more ground clearance.

Are your fenderwell exit headers for a bbc? any pics?
I don't have them any more...sold them a couple years ago, just have the rest of the system here. Like DragNova says, it's almost better to just have a custom set built and be done with it. I modified mine three times and still wasn't happy with them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have BBC with Hooker fenderwell headers.

They fit just fine.

Tire rubbing is only an issue if your front end is too low.

I have Mustang II with rack and pinion works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts