Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, have looked for a good thread on this, cant seem to find what im looking for. i lowered the 454 into my 74 nova with the hooker comp headers, the passenger side i can almost jump through, but driver side is hitting on steering. i have the old frame mounts from the small block, and the motor mounts came from the bb out of a 77 pickup. could i just raise the motor mounts, as i dont want to dent the headers in as some people do. would this still give me the clearance i need for the tranny? if anybody can answer this or guide me to a good thread it would be appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys....well, i got it in yesterday, i needed about 1/8 lift on drivers side, might be a bad choice but i stuck to washers under driver side frame mount and everything mounted up nicely. dont see anything wrong with the driveshaft angle either. maybe i got lucky? i dont know. but i will do plenty of more checking before i go on any long cruises or to the strip. i made my own cross member for the tranny.
any other ideas or threads would be welcome and thanks for the thread lead big guy.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The drive shaft will be fine unless you use BB frame mounts, they will offset the engine to the pass side and the cross member is offset to equal this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts