Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was installing my BB into my 72 . The whole front clip is off. I bought the AMD frame engine mounts and the Energy engine mounts. I could get the bolt in one side , but the other side was a good half inch off, The engine side mount could not reach the other, and it was like that no matter which side I started on. Also, If I dropped the engine down to the hole level , after installing one side, the front of the oil pan was touching the crossmember. After giving up and backing the engine out, I noticed the passenger side frame mount was lower than the driver. Below is the measurements from the crossmember up.. I'm thinking the pass side frame mount is wrong and it should be tall like the driver side. Any help will be nice.

Thanks,

Driver side: Bolt hole center - 1 3/8" Pass side: Bolt hole center - 1 3/4"
Top of bolt hole - 1 1/2" Top of bolt hole - 2"
Top of mount - 2" Top of mount - 2 3/8"

·
Registered
433 Posts
I swapped a big block into my 74 quite a few years ago. I remember on mount was taller. Seems to reason that the drivers side would be taller due to the steering box and such but I may be backwards.

I also remember having a hell of a time getting that one bolt through on the driver's side.
I think I loosed all the bolt to the engine mounts and frame stand on both sides, lowered it all down and was still off by a tiny bit.

So out came the step bit. I figured as long as everything was tight, it was probably good. Having reproduction parts from multiple manufactures can get messy. Don't be too alarmed. Looks like you have the right parts.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swapped a big block into my 74 quite a few years ago. I remember on mount was taller. Seems to reason that the drivers side would be taller due to the steering box and such but I may be backwards.

I also remember having a hell of a time getting that one bolt through on the driver's side.
I think I loosed all the bolt to the engine mounts and frame stand on both sides, lowered it all down and was still off by a tiny bit.

So out came the step bit. I figured as long as everything was tight, it was probably good. Having reproduction parts from multiple manufactures can get messy. Don't be too alarmed. Looks like you have the right parts.

Thanks am

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, here's an update. The engine mounts , that I was told would fit by seller, was the short and wide. Which turns out to be the wrong ones. I bought the tall and narrow and everything bolted up nice and everything was clearing.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts