Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving the battery to trunk on my 62 nova. looking for a photo of how you wired the solenoid in trunk. this solenoid is for safety so the battery cable is only hot when you start the car. Thanks

Attachments

·
6,497 Posts
I'm moving the battery to trunk on my 62 nova. looking for a photo of how you wired the solenoid in trunk. this solenoid is for safety so the battery cable is only hot when you start the car. Thanks
Also add the proper sized fuse or circuit breaker right off of the battery before any switches, solenoids, and such. Granted you would think if there is an issue with the starter wire after the solenoid being shorted that either from lack of power from the battery with it going into a possible dead short or from someone turning the key back taking away power from the activation wire on the solenoid, it's possible that when the contacts close and the cable after it is going to ground, the solenoid contacts could weld together and then power continues to flow into a dead short. This might never happen due to things like the solenoid contact materials being used or other variables but who's to say sometimes.

You just want to make things as safe as you can and work reliably.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts