·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, who's going and when?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well lets see, Pinks all out is at Cayuga on Friday and Saturday, the Barrie fleamarket is on Fri,Sat and Sun,The winged sprint cars are at Brighton speedway on Sat night,there is a Super stock/stock drag race event at Grand Bend this weekend, now the question, where do I go?:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Well, who's going and when?
maaaan I wish I was.... I miss Ontario I have an aunt & uncle who live in Barrie and aunt & uncle in Keswick also in Sudburry and Thornhill :yes:

·
6,404 Posts
I was there today. If you are looking for 1st & 2nd gen Acadian (some are generic Nova and Chevy II) stuff, there's someone with a fair amount of it. It's the most I've seen at one location. He's in around the fourth row. I was going to pick up a set of very nice 62-64 Acadian taillight assemblies(I don't have an Acadian) but I've got too much stuff for cars I don't own now. I did pick up the front fender moldings for a 65 Nova though.

If you remove all the non-autmotive sites from the swap meet you could do the whole thing much quicker. Every year there's more and more stuff you see at yard sales and flea markets.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a big favor to ask you....if you end-up attending, could you please be in the look-out for an "Acadian" hood front lip emblem? Thanks! 1968 has black lettering. 1971 has red letters. I can paint "red" the 1968 emblem's lettering. :thumbsup:

GerryLP:cool:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you remove all the non-autmotive sites from the swap meet you could do the whole thing much quicker. Every year there's more and more stuff you see at yard sales and flea markets.
I wish they would do something about that!:(

Hey guys,

I have a big favor to ask you....if you end-up attending, could you please be in the look-out for an "Acadian" hood front lip emblem? Thanks! 1968 has black lettering. 1971 has red letters. I can paint "red" the 1968 emblem's lettering. :thumbsup:

I'm trying for Sunday and I'll keep an eye open for you.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
i went friday. I got a hood ornament off a 64 acadian from the same guy that Shane65 was talking too and i also picked up a 64 acadian manual supplement from one of the literature venders. still a bad day at an auto fleamarket is better then a good day at work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great weekend

I ended up going to Burls Creek on Friday, walked around for 6 hours. Then on Saturday i went to Arm Drop at Cayuga. So it ended up being a great weekend. Did anybody else go to Cayuga there was some very nice Novas there:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My buddy broke the tranny tail shaft and ran 12.40 in a sweet lookin purple 70 Nova at the arm drop All Out. The floor got beat up pretty good.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sucks! What day was that on?
Saturday, I believe, ya he was pretty bummed about the floor damage and worried about the block. I need to give him a call and to find out the extent of the damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys,

I've got one, if still interested?

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I've got one, if still interested?
Blake,

Thanks for helping me with the 1968 Hood lip emblem. I decided that it would be a lot closer to the real thing, instead of the Nova hood lip it now has (with the bowtie out in front confusing even more people as I drive...lol) in its place.

If I ever come accross a true 1971 hood lip emblem, then the car will be in its true originality location. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Hey guys, I am stoked! :yes::yes::yes::D:D:D

I bought from Blake (Saylasham) the hood's front lip emblem he had. It is from a 68 Acadian, but I believe that it is the same as a 1971, except for the name's letter (ACADIAN) were black in 1968. In the posts above, you can see the 71 emblem with the red and the aluminum color finish.

But Blake made sure it arrived well protected. It was in a wood box, about 2 or 3 inches longer than the size of a wooden box for a set of dominos.

Life is good! :D:D:D

p.s. I am in need of sample colors for the emblem. If anyone can assist, then please post so or pm me. Thanks! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts