Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to BJ today. No auction but all if the cars were available for review.
Saw this L79. Pretty nice car and allegedly the real thing. Don't know when it will cross the auction block but it was in the main tent which means it should be later in the week with the better cars.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Went to BJ today. No auction but all if the cars were available for review.
Saw this L79. Pretty nice car and allegedly the real thing. Don't know when it will cross the auction block but it was in the main tent which means it should be later in the week with the better cars.
View attachment 398307
I saw this car at the auction and there was copy of the p. plate proving it was a real 70 car. The weird thing is that whoever restored the car used mostly 69 components.
The distributor, carburetor, and intake were all 69 and it had a internal alternator. It had no TCS components and no smog system. The display sheet said it had a CKO 396
but I didn't see that stamped on the front pad. It said it had 291 heads, and a CBT 12 bolt which would be correct for a 70. Nothing was said about the motor or 4-speed being matching number items so I assuming they were not. The car was an early Sept. built car. I didn't get to see the trim tag as a security guy made me stand back aways. Someone paid $77,000.00 for it so I hope they knew what they were buying.

·
12,809 Posts
Below is the B-J info page for this car. There's a big difference between 'factory' and 'factory original'. Components can be GM factory built, but that doesn't mean they're original to the car. If something on a car is original you don't have to add the word 'factory'.

This B-J was the usual alcohol infused too-much money crowd paying stupid prices to be seen on TV as rich and famous. $275K for the 1954 Taylor Aerocar that you can drive and fly with doors that don't even close properly. And a buyer paying $44K for the 1957 Chevrolet 210 four door sedan cut down to a convertible. Still had the little sedan front doors and no top. Apple green with ugly copper bumpers and nutmeg interior. Ugh! Some good buys early in the week, but gets crazy on the weekend.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts