Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so i bought Betty shortly out of high school. She came originally with a 250 straight 6 bench seat and all the standard stuff that came with a 70 straight 6 nova. I figure it originally was a fire departments car back in the day the original color is a reddish color and has extra radio jacks and cables... i only paid 2000 for her i was lucky enough to give the guy 1000 down and make payments on her. she did and still does need some body work and a new paint job as they guy i bought her from paid for a cheap earl shine job! and she looks good in the pics cuz i was washing and waxing her 3 times a week! haha, from what i could tell most of the stuff on there was original or just very old (suspension, exhaust etc) so i have been doing work on her. Sense i have owned her i have had 3 different engines in her i redid the rear suspension,exhaust and other lil nick nacks. id say i have invest 6k in her so far and that includes the money used in buying her! and worth ever penny:yes: most of the work has been done in my drive way by me and my dad including the first engine swap, sencond swap i was luck enough to have a friend with a engine shop loan me part of his shop and help me out with the engine swap!.... id post pics of before and during but i have a lot so ill post the most recent ones and ill be happy to share the other ones if you guys are interested in checking them out!

Betty as of lately with 3rd engine sbc350 out of a 70 chevelle and alot more done to it than the 1st 350! and all the other work i have done! ( so far i have installed bucket seats, sun pro gauges and a tach on the column, b&M ratchet quick silver floor shifter, edelbrock performance IAS gas shocks in the rear with energy polyurethane bushings and 5 leaf multi leaf leaf springs and other stuff you can see in some of the pics!) sorry for all the pics and the sort of long story BUT i can probably go on for ever lol

[/IMG]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ok so if you guys are interested in see pics of the progress made on betty here are 2 links for most if not all the pics showing the work being done! as well as my car right after i bought her all the way to as recent as about a month ago!

i just need to add some pics of my latest work like changing out my bucket seats for the new ones i put in last month and that sort of stuff.... but those links show the majority of the work that has been done in the past 2 years :yes:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind....viewPicture&friendID=20002994&albumId=751765
folder with all engine and other work

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=20002994&albumId=2707199
folder of the body and interior

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
If I was to take betty out on a date, would you be upset?:devil:

Yall, not married? :rolleyes:

Al :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: not my betty! lol not just yet but someday! hahaha jk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANX but the black has got to go!:yes: shows everything like crazy! lol but i have a nice look in my head on what i want to do and to be honest it just may be one of a kind! i have yet to see any nova around here or on the interweb with the look that im going for!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i must say this is got to be my fav pic i took of betty

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks! i like the black tooo but its just too damn hard to take care of lol:yes: shows all the dust and dirt and imperfections and scratches the whole 9 yards!

im actually going for a scheme that i have yet to see on a nova! that includes white!

or im thinking gunmetal gray with a nice clear coat! :yes:

oh and i dumb that holly for a edelbrock and she does amazingly better on gas!! lol

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
didnt you just trade your car for that monte?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
didnt you just trade your car for that monte?
negatory son i told you already im keeping betty and gonna save for a monte and gonna do a nascar build on it with mi pops

1 - 12 of 12 Posts