Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey man!

Was wondering what engine and frame mounts you were using. Also what oil pan?

I tried to install my 502 and trans this weekend, and had nothing but problems. I think most of them are from the flex plate shield. Do you have any advise on the install. like beat the hell out of the trans tunnel with a 3 lb hammer?

·
Registered
631 Posts
SUPER_NOVA_71 said:
hey man!

Was wondering what engine and frame mounts you were using. Also what oil pan?

I tried to install my 502 and trans this weekend, and had nothing but problems. I think most of them are from the flex plate shield. Do you have any advise on the install. like beat the hell out of the trans tunnel with a 3 lb hammer?
I'm using a Milodon BB Chevy Strip Pan MIL-30950 and I have about an 1.5" under the pan between the crossmember. As far as the flex plate shield your gonna have to go with a CSR Flexplate Shield part # CSI-835 it is made to fit and will clear the trans tunnel otherwise you'll never get a metal one in there......the motor mounts are Moroso 62500 for a SB and the frame mounts are the are the original SB mounts......sounds like your weekend was about as painful as mine.....short of bouncin off the wall at the track everything else happened! I'll fill ya in later! Anymore questions about give me a shout!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badass70_nova said:
I'm using a Milodon BB Chevy Strip Pan MIL-30950 and I have about an 1.5" under the pan between the crossmember. As far as the flex plate shield your gonna have to go with a CSR Flexplate Shield part # CSI-835 it is made to fit and will clear the trans tunnel otherwise you'll never get a metal one in there......the motor mounts are Moroso 62500 for a SB and the frame mounts are the are the original SB mounts......sounds like your weekend was about as painful as mine.....short of bouncin off the wall at the track everything else happened! I'll fill ya in later! Anymore questions about give me a shout!

Just ordered the CSR shield. I hpe I have better luck this weekend.

Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts