Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
one has to think he's done it before without ill results. THAT scares me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That reminds me of a drag racing story from years ago. A NHRA stock eliminator racer was in his first final of a National event. He had brought to the races a friend of his who had never been to a race in his life. The 2 cars were staged and when he launch his car and got to the finish line he thought he had won because he had got there first and was on the brakes early so was sure he had not broken out. When he got his time slip he had an elapsed time that didn't make sense and a reaction time that was so bad that the time had just about timed out. At first he thought there was a timing malfunction until he found out that the guy who he had brought with him, stood by the front of his car sitting on the guard wall (how NHRA let him stand there beats me but this was probably 20 years ago) with his feet in the timing beams. So when his buddy launched the car the timing equipment could not activate his lane. What a way to loose. I bet that he never took that guy to the races again.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Once I took the car to the track with a buddy who knew better but... I pulled the car off the trailer and started gettting things ready, he went around and checked the oil, tire pressure etc. Well long story short i did a burnout pulled up to the line, left on 2step the car launched and felt like i was on a puddle of snot almost lost the car and had to lift to get it back under controll. (rear felt like it was mounted with rubber bands) I pulled back into the pits confused thinking i must of had broked a coil over or something. I told him what had happened and he explained, well when we took the car off the trailer one slick only had 2 pounds of air in it, so i matched the other one so they would be the same. Guess who doesnt get to help with that job anymore!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts