Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HAy all would like some advice on my fire wall looks like it been hit. Should I buy a new one or try to make my own the anther side is fine. Im going to make it right hand drive has any one made there own and was it hard to line up were you bolt up the front clip.it looks like some one has tried to fix it.it look out of line.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It is hard to tell from the pictures but was the car hit from the outside or was the subframe pushed straight back in? Have you measured to figure out how far out of alignment your body is?

I am no expert but based on my experience...

Unless your able to get the car perfectly straight, I would not try and patch in an after market fire wall. The after market stuff is always close but no cigar. Those panels are all just close enough to tick you off!!!

If you could get a panel from a donar car and force the rest of the car to fit it you might be doing alright....???

Hopefully someone else who has been through this can chime in.

Cheers
Bret

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I have used the aftermarket firewall in my 63 wagon it fit like a glove.
I would use one instead of trying to patch/ find a donor car

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks that's what I was leaning to. Has it got something to help you line your clip up.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Cool thanks that's what I was leaning to. Has it got something to help you line your clip up.
The bottom sub frame mount will be removed. The way I did it was I removed ut them the firewall . Once I tacked the new one I put the sub frame mounts back in and to be sure the trans cross member then tacked them in. once I was happy I just rolled the front subframe into position to be sure everything lined up and finished welding it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts