Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want someone to clarify that I am understanding backspacing correct before I order new rear wheels. I am in the process of doing a 2 inch drop front and rear on my 74 nova. The rear tires are gonna be close to rubbing once I lower the car so I am going to order 2 new wheels. I am going to buy a set of wheels with a positive offset to give me more room correct? From what I understand by doing a positive offset it will move the wheels closer to the center of the car and give me more room from the tire to fender. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
I went through all sorts of calculations and referenced the web sites but I established the backspacing/offset of my rear wheels for my 72 by simply installing my front wheels on the back and measured from there. The standard backspacing of my 15x6 Cragar SS situated the tire perfectly for outer fender clearance. I then measured for inner fender clearance and ordered custom offset 15x8 wheels for the rear with the additional 2 inches added to the backspacing of the six inch wheel.
Result was a perfect fit with the added bonus of the outer rim dish equal front and back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts