Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

New to site and wanted to get any info on an issue I am dealing with. I have a 1971 Nova that was originally an automatic with column shift but was converted to a T56 manual tranny. However, none of the wires are hooked up. I have the vehicle speed sensor issue worked out by buying a speedbox converter but am at a loss as far as the back up switch. Where do the wires from the back up switch output on the tranny go?

I understand that the neutral lock out safety switch does not necessarily need to be hooked up. Is this correct?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. tks

Dom

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Hello:

New to site and wanted to get any info on an issue I am dealing with. I have a 1971 Nova that was originally an automatic with column shift but was converted to a T56 manual tranny. However, none of the wires are hooked up. I have the vehicle speed sensor issue worked out by buying a speedbox converter but am at a loss as far as the back up switch. Where do the wires from the back up switch output on the tranny go?

I understand that the neutral lock out safety switch does not necessarily need to be hooked up. Is this correct?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. tks

Dom
Dom,

Been a few years, but I remember that I bought this:

https://www.americanautowire.com/shop/t56-reverse-lockout-module-pigtail-wires

and spliced it into the existing reverse light wiring on the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts