Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to get my backup lights working to get through inspection,have a new switch on the stock shifter with power coming out of the red and the light green wire....but no power to the back of the car...god i hate electrical,dont know if i have the plug on the shifter upside down,right now the red is on the top and light green on bottom of reverse switch,,,any ideas??? before i go freakin crazy

·
6,404 Posts
I went through this last week. The bulbs seem to be a little loose in the socket so I put a drop of solder on the bulbs to make the bulb contact slightly longer. The bulbs fit tighter but still not reverse light. A meter shows 12 volts at the contact but only if I put the meter ground on the housing. I lightly sanded the bulb housing where the bulb ground contacts as well as the housing tabs and taillight to bulb housing diameter. One side worked perfectly but the other side was hit and miss to make the light work. I eneded up running a ground wire from the housing tab to the car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found a broken wire in the harness,and had the same problem as shane65,have to run a ground from the bulb socket....fixed now the horn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts