Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 65 with disc. brake, what back spacing should I use on the front, 15x7 wheels? Running 205x65x15 all around. Randy:chev:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info. on #1. When a got the car it needed tires so I got new tires, in Calif, they put the rims on at the wrong spots. They put one with a 4 1/2 inch back spacing on the front and one on the back and one 4 inch back spacing on front and one on back. Which ones should I run on the front and which ones on the back? Randy:chev:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
On a stock rear suspension with stock tubs I've been able to fit wheels up to 5.25" of backspace. Wheel and tire choices might effect what hits and what fits..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, with the new everything and sway bar and going to try the 4 inch back spacing and the 205 x 65 x 15 I have and hope they do not rub.
Randy:chev:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help with replacing my ‘64 5 lug wheels I have craigers front 15x7 w/ 195 50R15 and rear 15x8 P225/50R15. I have an early style Camaro disc brake set up in front and rear Ford 9” big drum brakes. I want to get new rims 15” 7” front and 8” rear with same tire size but do not know back spacing. Can anyone help I do believe they are both 4.5 be but car is in De and was hoping to buy and get them now due to timing issues with traveling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Beach um

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
15x8 with 4.5” of backspace will not work on the rear axle unless the axle is narrowed, the car is jacked up with air shocks, or the wheel openings have been radiused.. You need 5.25” of backspace to have an 8” wheel out back.. This is on a stock 10 bolt 57.75” wide axle.

This is my 64 sittin 15x7 with 4.5” backspace GM steel wheels and 225/60/15 out back.. They rub a little going around corners.. I’m also lowered 2”.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts