Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am continuing on with my 68 twin turbo and ready to work on the back half. This car will be a street and 1/8th mile strip car. History of the car is someone changed the rear quarters at some point (with 70-72 rears with big marker light holes :rolleyes:) but didn't change any of the rotten stuff under. Long story short, I have decided to back half then tin the car. I am going to go with one of SW Racecars pre-welded and assembled back half frame. My plan is to run a 29x10.5W. What width rails would you suggest and why? They offer 24",26", ad 28".

Secondly, I am going to order part for my rear end. What width rear housing would you recommend to tuck to the rim lip the 29x10.5W's I want to run?

Lastly, what size wheel and backspacing would you recommend for the above setups you are recommending?

Anyone have any pics of these setups they care to share? Any feedback or pics of the SWRacecars back half kit?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I don’t have any specific information per your build but what I would suggest is to get the wheels and tires you plan to run and mock them up under your car where you want them.. Then take measurements to figure out your axle width.. Sometimes the specific parts we want to use dictate building to accommodate them.. Big wheel and tire combinations are one of those things.. Otherwise, you would use a stock width axle and build custom wheels..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don’t have any specific information per your build but what I would suggest is to get the wheels and tires you plan to run and mock them up under your car where you want them.. Then take measurements to figure out your axle width.. Sometimes the specific parts we want to use dictate building to accommodate them.. Big wheel and tire combinations are one of those things.. Otherwise, you would use a stock width axle and build custom wheels..
Yes, what Thug said. I built the entire back half of my car around the wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is the way to do it, I research stuff like crazy and every big builder says in these cases to build around the wheels and tires you want to run. Get those, set them exactly where you want them sitting and then start measuring away

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts