Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm starting to wreck stuff here. I'm trying to get the stainless trims our of my back glass on my 65 HT and am at this point convinced that they truly want to stay there and not come off. I have slid a plastic putty knife under them and lifted, tilted, pryed and pulled. I don't see any clips?????? Does anyone know how these come off?
I haven't messed them up yet, but I'm really at a loss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
they're there trust me took me about 2 hrs to get out my back glass, I used a small pick to unhook all of mine on a 63 ss. there is something like 4 or 5 that run down the sides and a few more than that across the top and bottom. I think if you find the right tool you will be able to remove it. but I know how you feel,its frustrating.:mad:

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Autozone or advanced auto should have the tool. I think it was $9.00-10.00. Mine does not look exactly like the one in the video but it works the same. Be patient the clips are a pain to get loose but you will get them, keep at it.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
this is the tool you have to get the feel of where the clips are once you unlock a few its pretty ez sometimes you can find a stubborn one , be patient because you dont want to ding -bend or do any unnesseccary damage to this area

this is how it hooks over the lip of the stainless you have to lift this up separate from the stainless -this is why putty knife is not working

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That video was PERFECT! Thank you guys for the great pics and vid. Off to pick up a clip tool.
Thanks again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts