Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ken and I am 68 years old. I have been working on my 66 SS since around 2005 and have come a long way. I have a lot of time and money invested in it but due to age related health problems I cant seem to be able to get it finished. I was wondering if there are some people out there who specialize in or like to work on 66-67 Novas that would be interested in helping me finish this project. I had the chassis stripped and dipped and have replaced everything except the roof, package tray, and the dash with new parts. I built a 427 BB with aluminum heads and have broken it in at a local speed shop (465 HP, 505 Tq) a Sepanik racing 2004r trans, 4 link, Moser fab ford 9" rear, and new everything else. I am stuck putting the quarters on and finishing up the body work. Any suggestions? I don't know anything about posting or even what a tag is so I hope I am not doing anything incorrectly.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
welcome back an with my favorite year an model of nova. you could go to some of the local car shows around bu you. talk to the guys there to see who is a good body n paint person. the best of luck in your restore.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,156 Posts
It's real easy to end up in paint jail if you don't choose wisely. Where are you generally located at? I have never used these folks so I can not speak for them. Click here

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,331 Posts
Welcome (back) too SNS . . . . . glad to have you back , with your 66 Nova SS .
Sounds like a great car ; with so much New parts .

. . . . jim

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Gretting(s) to the board . . .
What kind of help do you need ?

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
458 Posts
Maybe post in the appropriate regional section as well, or check it out and see if you can determine who might be close to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Binghamton, NY. It has been 3 years since the car has been sitting in the jig with no progress. I am starting to get discouraged because I got so far and then back and shoulder problems so I had to stop. I need to figure something out or I am going to be forced to sell it as a project. I have almost everything to complete the car, all is very high end stuff. I have over $50,000 K in it now. I get that if I have to sell it I will suffer large losses an I don't want to do that. I bought everything when I was working and had a good amount of extra money, now I am retired, not the same.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,945 Posts
Hello and welcome back to the site! I hope you are able to find the assistance that you are seeking.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Welcome to the site.. Everything that was brought 15 years ago may not hold the same kind of interest today as styles, tastes and technology change and trends come and go.

Sadly, time is a constant factor that never stops to wait for us to get “it” done.. Whatever the “it” may be, the “it” waits for us but time does not..!

I hope you can find a friend to help you with your project..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Boy O Boy i'm right behind you on this one, not far behind either! Same story different STATE, Projects unwilling to walk away from! Hopefully you will find that guy or girl in a town that has as I'v heard has an amazing upholstery shop maybe someone's soon to come knocking, Best of LUCK and thanks for sharing. THE CAPTAIN!

·
Registered
1974 Nova SS
621 Posts
Hi Ken,

Your post hits me right in the heart buddy. This is a topic that has haunted me for the last couple of years. I started my project back in 2011 and had been working on it as time and money allowed. I used to tell myself "its just a hobby, it will get done when it gets done". I was 40 years old when I started. I abandoned that attitude sometime in 2019 because I began looking forward and realized time was increasingly working against me and if I didn't finish soon, I might not ever finish. It's easy for people to say "it's the journey, not the destination" but I feel like that's only true after you get there. My only advise - choose a destination that you are reasonably sure you can get to without killing yourself.

Side note: I've probably got some fraternity brothers in Binghamton. I was born and raised in Saratoga Springs, Graduated SUNY Canton.

Best wishes and luck. Would love to see some pictures of your project posted if you get the chance.

·
Registered
1973 2 door sedan 350 / 350
31 Posts
welcome back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts