Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local guy has a brand new, sealed in the box B&M converter #20412 2,400 stall converter which seems like it would be a good application for my setup. Looking at the specs its furnace brazed, neddle bearings, all that good stuff. I can get it cheap or maybe for trade. waddya think? thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
They're a decent converter for the money. I put a B&M 10" through hell and it never let me down. They aren't the most efficient converters on the market though, but then again they don't cost 900$ either.

I'd say as long as it's new and your engine is set up for a 2400 stall, then I'd go for it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Like the other guys posted already.

Just wanted to add: I am running two of the holeshots - one with a TH350 and one with a TH700. The one on the TH350 is running its 7th year now and saw some 200 low 12 sec. quartermile passes and about 15000 miles on the road up to now - still works like on the first day. The one in front of the TH700 is only half a year old, so I can't say too much yet.

Both are running the biggest B&M cooler.

Regards from overseas,

Boris

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
im using the supposedly 2400 stall unit. bought it from summit new and behind my 468 with 4.10 gears. if I slam the throttle the best ive been able to get is around 1500rpms and it starts moving. almost makes me think they sent the wrong one but I doubt it.

needless to say I dont have a lot of faith in b&m

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
i ran one in my van w/ a 350 and then that trans went in my 4x4 after i blew 4 t400's
i give it a thumbs up ,mellow stall you will hardly notice it!:yes:

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm running a B&M holeshot 3000 in a turbo 350. Engine is basically a stock 85 model 454 out of a suburban. With street tires my best 60 ft. was 1.89. I give alot of credit to the converter. The 3000 one is a little loose than what I need. But she runs hard and pulls real nice.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i ran one in my van w/ a 350 and then that trans went in my 4x4 after i blew 4 t400's
i give it a thumbs up ,mellow stall you will hardly notice it!:yes:
Are you saying the 2,400 stall is mellow and may not be noticeable? I am not racing, built this engine for reliability foremost, with some mild performance. My machinist recommended a 2,200 stall so I figured the 2,400 would be a good bet, plus its easily available. Think I will go for it. thanks!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
It should be fine, when i buy shelf convertors for smallblock street engines i go with the lowest stall they advertise , i had a 3000 stall 10" tci streetfighter and was perfect for my old 350, stalled @ 2500 and flashed @ 2800. would have flashed to 3000+ with a BBC. The B&M holeshot should do the same. Just make sure you use type-F fuild in it with a decent shift kit because the convertor can soften your shifts.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Are you saying the 2,400 stall is mellow and may not be noticeable? I am not racing, built this engine for reliability foremost, with some mild performance. My machinist recommended a 2,200 stall so I figured the 2,400 would be a good bet, plus its easily available. Think I will go for it. thanks!
You will not even be able tell that this converter is in there, I ran a 2500 stall and it felt no different then my stock stall while driving but when you get on it you will fill it a little more. I think you would be much happier with a 3000 stall! Try ******* converters, I am running a 4000 stall from them and it works awesome, for $300 I could not be happier!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will not even be able tell that this converter is in there, I ran a 2500 stall and it felt no different then my stock stall while driving but when you get on it you will fill it a little more. I think you would be much happier with a 3000 stall! Try ******* converters, I am running a 4000 stall from them and it works awesome, for $300 I could not be happier!
I appreciate the comment. Are you considering the fact that I am not racing, just cruising and won't be doing too many burnouts...so close to stock or a drop higher may be ideal for me?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I have the holeshot 3000 10" unit and I love it. Seen many 11 sec passes and a few 10 sec passes. One did fail on me and B&M replaced it even though they said nothing was wrong with it.:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts