Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Azure Turquoise was a 1969 color only. Can anybody show me a nova in this color or even a cowl tag 55 Azure Turq Nova at all???? I have never seen one before, other than the one I have in a million pieces now!!! How many do you think were built by GM with this color? It can not be very many.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
My '69 was originally a 55 paint code.
I see a little bit of the original colour under some bolts and under some panels.
I don't think I have seen one complete either.
It would be interesting to see, if someone has a picture? :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I can't recall ever seeing one that color except a faded old beater. I did a google search and saw Camaros in the color, but didn't see any Novas.

I'll have to look at the passenger side door of my car tomorrow--I think the one I put on there after tangling with an 18 wheeler, might be that color!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Code 55

I am receiving from General Motors of Canada (Vintage Vehicle Services) a
"Vehicle Options Package" for my car. Should have it in the next week or so.
I also requested the total # of paint code 55 1969 Nova's produced and she said she'll see if that info is available.
I'll post the total, if I get them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am receiving from General Motors of Canada (Vintage Vehicle Services) a
"Vehicle Options Package" for my car. Should have it in the next week or so.
I also requested the total # of paint code 55 1969 Nova's produced and she said she'll see if that info is available.
I'll post the total, if I get them.
Thanks HockleySS. That would be some interesting info although I am sure it would be all 69 Novas including 4 doors. I will wait for your info. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the best I can do for a picture of a code 55 car.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
What is more correct the door or the quarter panel? It looks like it's between Glacier blue and Lemans blue.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What is more correct the door or the quarter panel? It looks like it's between Glacier blue and Lemans blue.
The quarter is closer, but the best is the area behind the front fender at the cowl. It is Virgin paint in that area.:yes:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Code 55

Hopefully the info will be provided on the report, I'll let you know.
I had the interior door panel off my car the other day and unfortunately paid no attention to the color in there! I think maybe it was a faded blue? :confused:
I like the color ......

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Code 55

I received the GM (Canada) documentation on my car..... and
"Unfortunately we cannot track undividual options on imported cars before 1972" :(
I guess the # of Code 55 1969 Nova's will remain a mystery for now.
I did get some good ifo regarding my car though. :)
It is indeed a true SS 350 (ZL3/Z26 Fisher Body "SS" Conversion Super Sport). The car was shipped July 8 1969 to Motorville Chev Olds, Niagara Falls Ontario (one of 2602). It had the L48 300hp 350 and G80/G96 3:55 posi plus M20 4 speed wide ratio transmission.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I received the GM (Canada) documentation on my car..... and
"Unfortunately we cannot track undividual options on imported cars before 1972" :(
I guess the # of Code 55 1969 Nova's will remain a mystery for now.
I did get some good ifo regarding my car though. :)
It is indeed a true SS 350 (ZL3/Z26 Fisher Body "SS" Conversion Super Sport). The car was shipped July 8 1969 to Motorville Chev Olds, Niagara Falls Ontario (one of 2602). It had the L48 300hp 350 and G80/G96 3:55 posi plus M20 4 speed wide ratio transmission.
See, I wouldn't lie to you!:no::D

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I never doubted your wisdom!!!
You still need to let me in on the secret!! Next time Paul.. :devil:

·
Registered
170 Posts
my 69 is a 55 coded car... it is also a 4 cyl car...

She is hugger orange with a 327 bored .30 over now though.:yes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Late response.

This '69 Camaro has a re-painted of Azure-Turquoise.

I have more pics of '69 Azure paint cars, they seem to vary to some degree.
Just email me for more pics.

waynew
Thanks for the late reply but I have seen lots of camaros but no Novas in Azure Turq.

The search continues........................

·
Registered
5 Posts
rare

ya that is a super rare color, but I know a guy that has a Nova that color and its all stock and its the only one I have ever seen like it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts