Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, In the near future I plan on doing dual exhaust on my nova.
I've been looking at plenty of pics this past weeks and I notice most of you don't have a Tailpipe.
Well I want my exhaust to end before the axel but I don't know if that is legal in my area, also will I pass Emissions Testing with out the Tail Pipe?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Hello, In the near future I plan on doing dual exhaust on my nova.
I've been looking at plenty of pics this past weeks and I notice most of you don't have a Tailpipe.
Well I want my exhaust to end before the axel but I don't know if that is legal in my area, also will I pass Emissions Testing with out the Tail Pipe?

Thanks.
Well, first off....welcome to the site! Second, you didn't list what year Nova you're talking about. As far as how its routed it won't effect emission results but will change the tone/volume of the exhaust. I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as tailpipe? Mine exits behind the rear wheel but is turned down and is angle cut, you can't see it unless you look up under the car.

Steve

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 78, So unfortunately it has EGR valve and Catalytic Converter. So it has to go to inspections every year. I wanted the exhaust to end at the mufflers with the rest of the tail pipe ending before the rear axel.

Well, I just did a little research and I'll probably just end up using tail pipes to the rear bumper for safety reasons.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts