Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wheel practically fell off the other day. 4 of the 5 lug studs were sheered off. I have no idea how it happened. Anyways, how hard is it to pop out the studs that have been sheered off? Do I need to take the axle out? Im gonna do both sides for safety reasons.

Anyone suggest what kind/brand i should get?

i have a 10 bolt, 8.5" 3.08 rear end, peg leg

·
Registered
421 Posts
i just ordered a new set of moser axles and a set of their studs. they are alot stronger than stock i was told when i ordered. but if you are not running a monster amount of h.p. or dumping the clutch @ 5 grand a good set of stock replacements should do the trick.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just ordered a new set of moser axles and a set of their studs. they are alot stronger than stock i was told when i ordered. but if you are not running a monster amount of h.p. or dumping the clutch @ 5 grand a good set of stock replacements should do the trick.
Thanks. Do I still need to take the axles out to install the new studs?

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Thanks. Do I still need to take the axles out to install the new studs?
Yep. :yes: They press in place. Press out the old, press in the new. Some people get lucky and beat them in/out with a hammer. I've never been lucky... so I take them to a shop where they have the proper equipment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i've had luck pulling them in with a lug nut on backwards and some washers. just make sure the splines line up with the ones already in the hub. i did this to replace a few studs on my car hauler and it worked great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts