Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I went to a autoX on sunday and found some things I didn't like about the car.

Set up I have on now.

CCP 4 wheel disk brake kit with performance friction carbon metalic front brake pads, no fad worked good

Hotchkis suspension - with out rear sway bar.
Koni red shocks
CCP front control arms
poly sub frame bushings

When pushing the car hard the front pushes bad, after like 3/4 of the way to full lock the car allway starts to push, no over steer.

ahh open diff not helping out too much.

front tires are 235 40 17 show tire wear all the way out on the out side tread with 39 psi ( maybe + camber ) none on inside

rear tires are 245 45 17 with 35 psi even wear

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think you need a wider front tire and you need to adjust camberfor more negative (i.e., tires need to lean in more.) Is your front sway adjustable? If so, then stiffen it up a notch or 2.

·
Vendor
1,433 Posts
I agree with Vinco, wider tires up front and even just a little negative camber will go a long way to plant the front end. The 3rd gens are quite heavy up front so they need all the help they can get to make it stick. I'd also experiment with tire pressure. We've run as low as 25psi on an 275/35/18 in a 3500 lb car. Some of the slower tracks(less than 60 mph) you can get away with going that low but not at the faster or real bumpy tracks. You'll feel what works best for the given track and conditions but 39 psi is excessive.

Tires are going to be the single biggest bang for buck you can get.

What treadwear are the current tires?

-J

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could fit a wider tire up front but for the ride hight where its at its maxed. Tread wear is 320. Front sway bar is non adjustable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link Taz3.

A adjustable sway bar is out of my price range right now but alignment stuff I can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts