Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My autometer electrical oil pressure sending unit says something in the instructions about relocating the sending unit on a "high vibration application such as a full race engine or engine capable of high rpm, it is strongly recommended that the sender be remote mounted."

Now my engine is not a full drag motor, but I suppose it could be considered to reach high rpm. Do you think it's necessary to relocate the sender on my ~420hp 383? I haven't heard of too many people doing this so I thought perhaps it's not really that big of a problem usually.

BTW I'm planning on screwing it on near the distributor with a 45 degree angled extension from the oil hole behind the intake

Thanks

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
My autometer electrical oil pressure sending unit says something in the instructions about relocating the sending unit on a "high vibration application such as a full race engine or engine capable of high rpm, it is strongly recommended that the sender be remote mounted."

Now my engine is not a full drag motor, but I suppose it could be considered to reach high rpm. Do you think it's necessary to relocate the sender on my ~420hp 383? I haven't heard of too many people doing this so I thought perhaps it's not really that big of a problem usually.

BTW I'm planning on screwing it on near the distributor with a 45 degree angled extension from the oil hole behind the intake

Thanks

-Aaron
NO:no::no::no:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts