Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

If you all wouldn't mind putting up pics of your floor shifters with automatic transmissions and bench seats i would appreciate it very much. So far i'm leaning toward a Lokar shifter because i like the old school look. I had a muncie before the 700r4.

Also, any advice regarding me putting a floor shifter in with the bench would be great. ie, clearance, cable mount shifter, etc.... You all have the knowledge and i'm learning as i go. But SNS has help me out tremendously so far. Thank you!!!

(It's not a race car. 350-365hp. 355 gears.) Mostly a street cruiser with some power.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Last Nova I had

Got a new shifter(B & M Quicksilver) in the box for the next Nova I get.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here's a B&M Pro Rachet shifter with my bench seat. Guess we are neighbors.
thank you..
looks clean!

Do you have to reach far to handle it or is it at a good length?

Is it a cable mount?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here a pic of my shifter in the car (B&M Megashifter)

The last couple have my kids in the pic too but you can still see how it looks for the most part.

Carl. Looks GREAT!!

what's that key pad to the left of your steering wheel.?

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't have a pic. handy, but I use an American Shifter bolted (no cable) to a 4l60E on my '65 wagon with a bench seat. It's located in the same place as the factory 4 speed would be (and we installed the 4 speed hump in the floor). Plenty of room with the bench, although I am tall and the seat is always all the way back. The mounting hardware gives quite a bit of flexibility on the actual location of the shifter through the floor. I did consider cable operated units, but assumed (right or wrong) that non-cable linkage would be more reliable.

http://www.americanshifter.com/catalog/shifters/gm-4l60-transmission-shifters

I like the ability to use any knob I want and have heard the locar buttons can rattle (and I hate rattles). It has a "old school" vibe with a leather boot.

I see you are in Sac. The car is currently in Folsom. Let me know if you want to swing by and take a look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a pic. handy, but I use an American Shifter bolted (no cable) to a 4l60E on my '65 wagon with a bench seat. It's located in the same place as the factory 4 speed would be (and we installed the 4 speed hump in the floor). Plenty of room with the bench, although I am tall and the seat is always all the way back. The mounting hardware gives quite a bit of flexibility on the actual location of the shifter through the floor. I did consider cable operated units, but assumed (right or wrong) that non-cable linkage would be more reliable.

http://www.americanshifter.com/catalog/shifters/gm-4l60-transmission-shifters

I like the ability to use any knob I want and have heard the locar buttons can rattle (and I hate rattles). It has a "old school" vibe with a leather boot.

I see you are in Sac. The car is currently in Folsom. Let me know if you want to swing by and take a look.

My car is a factory manual so I'm assuming it has the "hump" in it as well. I'd love to come out and see your set up!! That would be very helpful.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
My car is a factory manual so I'm assuming it has the "hump" in it as well. I'd love to come out and see your set up!! That would be very helpful.
The car is at my house in Folsom getting some upgrades. You are more than welcome to stop by and take a look. I'll PM you my #

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
\

that's awesome.. i want one
Haha secret launch code! Nice!

Yeah it's just a digital kill switch. Had it installed when I first bought the car in 1997. Have to type in a code before it'll turn over. If someone really wants they car they'll take it, but it's one more thing for them to deal with at least.

Would be cooler if it was a code to turn a supercharger on or something like in Mad Max with that switch on his shifter haha!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts