Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OER P/N # 3930091 and K982 are too long (wide) to fit my auto non-power pedal (1976), apparently not as wide as what these pads fit... Were there more than one size manual brakes auto pedal used for 4th Gens?

Classic Industries lists this one. Doesn't list dimensions.
153502 - 1977-02 GM Brake Pedal Pad With Automatic Transmission

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I know of. I have a manual auto brake pedal at home that I can measure for you. We took it out of my sons 76 Nova.
Thx, I’ll measure mine as well. Judging from the longer pad, It’s looks about 1.5” less

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry it took so long Roy. Our non power peddle is 5 5/8 at the top and 4 7/8 at the bottom. I hope this helps.
hmmm, close but not quite... I'm measuring the metal pedal itself, not the pad, see pics for comparison to the too long pad:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That longer pad is probably for a full size GM. When I bought a replacement it was one of the ones in the HELP isle at the Auto parts store.
Interesting, I’ve not checked the help section... seems like they would differentiate between the two pedals in the catalogs but only lists one part # for all automatic Novas...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the Brake Pedal Pad at Advance Auto Help Section

That longer pad is probably for a full size GM. When I bought a replacement it was one of the ones in the HELP isle at the Auto parts store.
Interesting, I’ve not checked the help section... seems like they would differentiate between the two pedals in the catalogs but only lists one part # for all automatic Novas...
Ding-Ding-Ding! The HELP Section at Advance Auto has it! Dorman P/N #20771, fits perfectly. Thanks, Jeremy!

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-brake-pedal-pad-20771/9111018-P?searchTerm=20771

1 - 9 of 9 Posts