Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I ran across a post here that showed some autocity glass that was sitting in their driveway but can't find it again. Does anyone know who posted that? I'm needing to ask some questions about how it was delivered. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Recently I ran across a post here that showed some autocity glass that was sitting in their driveway but can't find it again. Does anyone know who posted that? I'm needing to ask some questions about how it was delivered. Thanks.
I bought their glass for my wagon.. it was very nice .. fit perfect.. all of it.. it was packed well in heavy duty cardboard boxes

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. To the best of my memory the post I saw showed the glass packed on a palette with wood framing and top. I was thinking it was Autocity Glass. I was just wondering how they would ship a complete set of glass. I've been putting off buying my glass but now I need to get with the program and get it done before the Georgia Online sales tax goes into effect.

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
I purchased my complete set from auto city glass and it came in three separate boxes. It could be because my car is a 65 two door post and I went with the factory green tint.. The windshield was in one box, the rear in another and all of the side glass in the third. Packaging was very good and I had no issue. These guys were great to deal with.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That very well could have been the post that I was remembering. That box does look very sturdy. I've had some very bad experience with trunk shipping and was wondering how well Autocity shipping is. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Auto City Classics packs there glass very safely.Costs less to ship to a business address then to residential.Only issue I ever had with there product is when I ordered a Soft-Ray green tinted backglass for a 67 coupe the replacement glass is thinner then original so the green tint is not as dark due to the thinner glass and there were quite a few heat marks/discolorations from the tempering process that showed up under certain sunlight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the smoked glass kit for my 66. I bought it at the Goodguys show on special and all the glass came in a large single heavy cardboard box. I didn't get around to using it until 18 months later...didn't look the glass over until it was ready to put in after paint and body work jail.... To my surprise the windshield was scratched in three different places. They would not stand behind it since it was over a year since I had it.

It was good products otherwise...but make sure to inspect it all if you don't plan to use it soon after you get it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I can't comment on shipping but some extra feedback on Auto City.I had a friend coming back to Canada from Ohio last week and he made a pit stop for me at Auto City to pick up a windshield.It was very short notice,less than 2 hours from the first time I talked to Auto City till he was arriving.Windshield was a bit of an oddball (64 Fairlane post,non-tinted) and they had a few on the shelf!Price was the best I found by a good margin and in stock,ready to go.After he paid for it they sent him to another one of their warehouses and it was heavy bubble wrapped waiting.He's a car guy and was quite impressed with the service and sheer scale of the outfit.He couldn't believe how much glass was jammed into the buildings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We just got the whole grey tint kit, delivered by r and l carriers, guy had a lift gate truck and a pallet jack, but the box only weighed 150 lbs. If you had a couple guys you could get it off the truck safe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts