Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good transmission shop to have a TH400 built for the Nova. With 600 ft lb of torque I'll need the best of the best for a reasonable price? If that's possible? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm looking for a good transmission shop to have a TH400 built for the Nova. With 600 ft lb of torque I'll need the best of the best for a reasonable price? If that's possible? Any suggestions?
Hey man, 400's are tough normally, I would think with a heavy duty kit you should have enough tranny for sure! Do you already have a tranny?

I have a friend who has a tranny that he is swapping to a glide as his was built to take over 1200hp but now with the blower he is around 2000hp hence the glide...I can find out how much he would want for his old 400 if you like?

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
There is a place in Aldergrove called Bob's Driveline. Give them a call them and tell Joe that Henry sent you.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info, but Steelrat has already directed me onto someone out in Chilliwack. He did Shaun's and is very happy with it. Too bad I didn't know about the 400 your buddy has earlier? Oh Well, just more $$ for more parts. TCS is building me a 3000 stall converter that's supposed to be killer to go along with the HD 400 Len is building. Guess I'll find out how HD this summer?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks guys for the info, but Steelrat has already directed me onto someone out in Chilliwack. He did Shaun's and is very happy with it. Too bad I didn't know about the 400 your buddy has earlier? Oh Well, just more $$ for more parts. TCS is building me a 3000 stall converter that's supposed to be killer to go along with the HD 400 Len is building. Guess I'll find out how HD this summer?
Good Luck, I hope this build goes well for ya! I'm getting a 5000 stall built by ATI in the states.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi,

Len is the guy that only does GM stuff out of garage right? I used him to rebuild my th-350. He was very honest, fast and inexpensive. I would recommend that guy as well.

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
There is a place in Aldergrove called Bob's Driveline. Give them a call them and tell Joe that Henry sent you.
I'm also a fan of Bob's Driveline. Joe (shop Manager) and Bob are first class and will talk straight to you with a good value in the end.
Leftcoast Carl:)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it a BBC or SBC? 3000 stall seems pretty small for something with that much torque.

I have a 4500 built for my cars specs by Coan
Its a BBC. According to Comp, with my XR294HR-10 Roller Cam (.540/.560) they recommend a 3000 stall, and so does TCS. It's a 10" Billet built by TCS who specialize in transmission converters and other HD parts, so we'll see if the warranty stands up?:confused:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TH350 Reverse Manual

Anyone interested?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts