Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 454 with a 700r trans and it runs great but there's nothing like manual shifting:devil:. Anyway i'm looking at a price quote of $1500 for the full trans,shifter,pedals and install. I think it's a helluva deal. What have you guys spent on your conversion? Am i lookin at a good deal? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
$1,500 is not just a good deal, its a great deal. You need to jump on that. And as an example when I first started my 4 speed swap I got a few estimates even though I was planning on doing the work myself. I had my own Transmission, bellhousing, clutch pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bushing etc another words I brought this to the deal. Price for labor, and the clutch linkage parts was a cheap of $1,850.00 to a high of $2,200.00.

So your complete package deal of $1,500.00 is as close to stealing as you can get and not have to go to jail.

Roland

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I would probably pay that amount to have an experienced professional do the swap. I would definitely amend the "quote" to include some language that the job is for a complete and fully operational installation, includes all parts needed, etc.

You don't want him to come back later saying, well the speedometer hook up is extra, the shifter is extra, if you want your reverse lights to function its extra, etc.

p.s. Is the $1,500 for a 4 speed Saginaw or 5 speed Tremec? What type clutch you getting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts