Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put and automatic shifter in a 4 speed console? I have an ss with the 4 speed kick-out on the tunnel. It looks like Lokar makes a floor mount one that may work. Thanks Terry

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you ever find a shifter that worked with the four speed hump and looked decent? I'm considering installing an auto, but I do not like the look of the B&M shifters with the built in consoles. I'd like to re-use my console if possible.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
you can get a automatic hump from classic ind. an then look at shiftworks.com for an auto shifter that will work with the 66-67 console. look at the picture in my garage an you'll see the console an shifter set-up for a 700r.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Locar shifter mounted on a 4 speed floor hump. I dont have a console but i think one will fit just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shifter

Lokar makes a floor mounted one and if ya get the shifter arm from Speedway motors it looks just like a 4 speed shifter....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shifter

Lokar makes a floor mounted one and if ya get the shifter arm from Speedway motors it looks just like a 4 speed shifter.... my car is a 67

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anyone put and automatic shifter in a 4 speed console? I have an ss with the 4 speed kick-out on the tunnel. It looks like Lokar makes a floor mount one that may work. Thanks Terry
The lokar shifter is tall and wide
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=362837&stc=1&d=1552530225

I had to make aluminum spacers and mount the shifter under the floor so it would clear the console top plate. I found a boot that was exactly the same size as the shifter hole in the 4 speed top plate and went that way.
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=362839&stc=1&d=1552530427

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts