Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I participated in 3 auto crosses this year. Had a great time but seem to run into some issues half way through the fun. My situation is I unload the car do two runs and on my third run after running the first two within 15 minutes I have a hard time keeping the car running. I have a hard time starting the car and will stall as I get close to my run.

When the car gets going I have no problem keeping it running. On one occasion though as I exited the final gate and let off the gas the car just died.

Things I've done to chase this issue is, change fuel filter, increase idle, make sure fuel tank is full, and check float levels.

Could this be a battery issue? I have a new 100amp alternator. On the electrical front I do have an electric fan run through a relay. Anyone know what the issue can be?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
670 Posts
kinda sounds like its vapor locking. let us know what u find out.
I agree...

Check fuel lines and how close they are to heat.. Maybe run new lines way out of the way of heat and maybe a cooler for the fuel. Also not to be the Naysayer. But EFI would also help, I had an amazing 88 camaro that was autocrossed and in super hard corners i would loose gas and stall. scary loosing power steering at over 100 in a sweeping turn.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
We set the float bowls lower for autocross otherwise our car stalls on hard turns and braking. :yes:

-J
Exactly!
As all of the components under the hood and body get Hot, the fluids expand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts