Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ordered any glass from this outfit? 500 bucks for a complete glass set for my sedan seams cheap to me. Just wondering on the quality and they offer it in green and grey tint. Really starting to lean to a green paint now for the 66.

·
Registered
77 Posts
glass

this company is first rate. i believe they offer both types of glass. i ordered from them a few years ago. shipping is costly, but it was packaged perfectly.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks willy, kinda response I was looking for. Shipping is 110 bucks to San Diego, which isn't bad IMO for the weight and especially if packaged nicely.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I've dealt with them a couple of times on a few different parts. Good people to deal with. My neighbor just bought a drivers door glass from them for his 70 chevelle and he was very pleased.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
As long as your buying tinted and not clear you might be ok. With the exception of a windshield the rest of it is made in China or Taiwan. I bought a new clear back glass, not from this business but another, and the quality is terrible. I don't want to get spanked for vendor bashing so I won't say who. It fits fine but it has cloudy or splotchy rainbow areas all over it. As long as it is in bright sun light it's ok but in the shade or when the weather is cool it's terrible. They've been promising me a replacement for 9 months but I have yet to see one. There is another member on this site that bought a new clear rear glass from the company your looking at and his was the same way. It's not their fault, they don't make it they're just a distributor.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have seen them at the swap meet every year and deal with Kevin. Nice guy. They also deal with other parts too. My gas tank I got from them is first rate, (Canadian part) As far as their glass, looks great on the display but was never aware of the manufacturer so sorry, can't comment on that. And...I always saw the glass displays in full sunlight at the meets so yea, it looked great. Service wasn't all the best when I tried to call in to find a gas cap recommendation for my tank though. Nothing with the company but this particular guy could have been new and didn't have a clue. Seemed my phone call interrupted his video game.

Easy way to save the shipping is to find them at a swap meet and HOPE the stuff you need is out of stock. (Go at the end of the day). Not only is shipping free but you don't have to carry it around the swap meet or to your car.:cool:

·
3,863 Posts
I have their glass in my '72's windshield and a tank also. Absolutely no complaints.

·
Registered
520 Posts
glass

Dont order the laminated clear glass for the side.

Hard to get it cut to match. I think everyone who has used the temptered green and smoked have been very satisfied.

Tider 66.

Do you need a rear glass for a sedan or a hardtop?

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I ordered a full set for my 62 from them. It was the factory green tint. It looks great. They pack the stuff like its going to the moon. A large pallet with a serious cardboard box stapled down to it. I was really impressed with their delivery time. I ordered it from half way across the country and they had my order at my door in 5 days. Great folks to deal with.
Ron

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Dont order the laminated clear glass for the side.

Hard to get it cut to match. I think everyone who has used the temptered green and smoked have been very satisfied.

Tider 66.

Do you need a rear glass for a sedan or a hardtop?
I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yup, I got a set from them too. I cant complain at all. PPG glass, where ever its made doesnt matter, quality control makes it or breaks it Pun intended LOL I got the smoked and it looks great, on the floor Hahaah. Still waiting on paint before I put the glass in. JR

Comes on a large pallet...

Comparison between the stock glass and the new. Dont let the size diff worry you, its a camera angle issue.. But this shows the tint.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Yup, I got a set from them too. I cant complain at all. PPG glass, where ever its made doesnt matter, quality control makes it or breaks it Pun intended LOL I got the smoked and it looks great, on the floor Hahaah.
When you say smoked. Do you mean like the privacy glass that is in most of the new trucks?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a full set for my 62 from them. It was the factory green tint. It looks great. They pack the stuff like its going to the moon. A large pallet with a serious cardboard box stapled down to it. I was really impressed with their delivery time. I ordered it from half way across the country and they had my order at my door in 5 days. Great folks to deal with.
Ron

Sweet, looks like I will try and order fromt hem in a month or two, Thinking the green with the grabber orange paint, or might lean towards a green paint also.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
When you say smoked. Do you mean like the privacy glass that is in most of the new trucks?
No, I meant smoked VS green glass. Its not really dark dark, like the back side glass of the SUVs. And whats really cool, no laws being broken, here in Cali anyway. The laws concerning tinted windows is specifically that you can not apply anything to the window, such as a tinted film. So its all legal. But to be honest, I dont even think it will attract any cops attention. Not that dark. JR

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
If anyone is in question about their products, I'm located 15 minutes from them, and I would go and take pics for you if needed. Just an offer:yes: NPHNP.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone is in question about their products, I'm located 15 minutes from them, and I would go and take pics for you if needed. Just an offer:yes: NPHNP.
thanks for the offer. Hopefully I'll be ordering my set within the next couple months, adding parts to my xmas in Nov list.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Duane,

I've used a lot of their glass sets, mostly on 55-57 chevys. It's all good stuff. They even make hardtop glass with the chrome, and complete vent window assemblies (for tri 5's) and it's cheaper than rebuilding them.

That said you may want to look into a local glass company. All the side glass is flat, and really cheap to have cut locally. Windshields are in stock locally and inexpensive also. Back glass should be available at one of your Cali. suppliers. Price it both ways, with the freight you save, it could be a couple hundred cheaper.

Rich

1 - 20 of 48 Posts