Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
am replacing the glass channels for the rear quarter windows on a 67 2dr sedan.old channels had plastic tabs that went in holes in body. new channels no tabs. any ideas on attaching.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Funny, I was just going to search for the same thing. Redoing my friends 64 post and all the new seals and run chanels are in with the exception of the quarter windows. We were thinking of screwing or riviting it in but figured the glass would hit the rivits.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
HAve know input, but recently asked about seal quality and brands. What brand did are you using and how did the fit look?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ack

Funny, I was just going to search for the same thing. Redoing my friends 64 post and all the new seals and run chanels are in with the exception of the quarter windows. We were thinking of screwing or riviting it in but figured the glass would hit the rivits.
trying to figure out how to reply.will get back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glass channel

thought about using adhesive but have some doubts if it would hold.the channel i have (j.c. whitney prt#75000048, 23.99 per 5ft stick) has a pliable bottom,if using a thin headed screw, it would set down in the channel an not interfer with glass movement.
mdnt

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Use 3m weather strip adhesive. Glue the channels in and roll the glass up, let it set for 24 hours and you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts