Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last sunday in October - Atlanta area cruise.

I've been talking about this on and off with people, but things usually speed up when a date is set. How does the last Sunday in October (the 29th) sound? I'll start by nominating The Varsity in Norcross as a meeting point. Lunch? Dinner? I was thinking of a late lunch around 2pm. How does this sound? Let's see if we can get something together, even if it's just a few of us!

The Varsity
6045 Dawson Blvd
Norcross GA 30093

www.thevarsity.com

For the locals, just take 85 to Jimmy Carter - head West at the top of the ramp and make the 2nd right onto Dawson. The Varsity will be one block down on the right.

Any takers? Even if you aren't able to go, just pass the word around. Let's get this ball rollin' :geek:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I think the problem is that most of the site members in the Atlanta area have their cars in pieces right now. (I think that includes you.) The appeal for having a cruise night is usually having a hotrod to cruise in and an excuse to drive it. I am only aware of two other site members in this area (besides myself) whose Novas are actually driveable. I have been working a lot of 12 & 16 hour days and often work seven days a week. I won't know if I have to work Sunday or not until Friday night. Maybe other folks are just waiting to hear that someone else is driving their Nova to this. I don't think anybody wants to be the 'only one' showing up in a hotrod on cruise night.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Quit my job today. I will be moving to Richmond,VA on the weekend of the 29th for my new job. I have accepted a contract position as a Network Engineer for AT&T. Guess this means I can't make it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Burning Rats with fuzzy tails

Hey Burning!, I am gong to be out of town that day but I usually spend ALL of my Saturday mornings at a little get together in Chamblee called "Donut Derelicts". It's from 9-noon every Saturday morning at the Donut/sub shop across from Chamblee High School. About 2 miles inside the perimeter on ChambleeDunwoody Rd. E-mail for more directions, but I will NOT be there this saturday, 28 October. Every type of ride shows up to BS, drink coffee, Eat Donuts and talk about any car shows they plan to attend.

:D

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well hot dang. i saw that in the ragtops and runningboards list but haven't gone, mainly since i'm unfamiliar with the area and the type of stuff that shows up. doesn't help me to be rolling up in a volvo either :eek: :geek:

this saturday i'm scrambling to try and get all my trim holes measured evenly and drilled, also have to hit the speed shop for an arp dist. hold down stud, the bolt i'm using is somehow completely rounded off, lol.

i'll shoot you an email later, possibly hit that place one of the weekends in November when things aren't so busy around the house and in the garage. sat-sun is the only time i have to wrench unfortunately :( :beat: :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dounut Derelicts

At DD Saturday Mornings Everything under the sun shows up! A guy got the Marta bus to stop and let him off when he saw us one Saturday! I gave him a lift the rest of the way to the train after he'd absorbed enough car nostalga. He showed up the next week in a MGB.
Seen: Volvo P1800
A Porschearu(Porsche 912 w/ Subaru Turbo 4 motor)
Chrome yellow 67 Nova Wagon
Panteras(several)
32 Rolls Royce
(2) 49 Ford F-1's

Get the pic!:cool: All are welcome(except some Yugos)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.