Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I came home from work last Friday to find my nova missing. When I called the police they sent an officer to my house. He informed me that he had personally responded to the call earlier in the day where my car had been abandoned, high centered on a median with the front drivers side tire broken off. Apparently, the punks that stole it couldn't keep it under control. At least I have insurance right? Wrong! I switched from B of A to bank of the west last month and my annual policy came due on the 23erd automatically but from an account that didn't exist anymore. I was terrified that the car was in really bad shape. I couldn't even bring myself to go see it at the tow yard till Sunday.

Well, I forgot to take pics till I got it on the trailer, but it really wasn't as bad as it could of been. It looks like the main impact was to the drivers tire, before it could even bend the Crager, my 2" drop spindle bent then the nut stripped off. The rotor snapped my CPP caliper right in half and completely bent the mounting bracket. The tie rod broke off clean... My Moroso oil pan looked like a squashed toadstool on super Mario bros. I was able to pull off the caliper and rig the wheel on to pull it up onto my trailer. That's when it hit me to take a pic. It came out terrible so I'll just share ones from unloading it.

They will have to be on my next post, I can't figure out how to get pics off my phone. Pictures will be up when I get home.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
bad enough to steal it

but then the jerks can't even drive...Good luck with the repairs. I'm full of morbid curiosity to see the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Well, I came home from work last Friday to find my nova missing. When I called the police they sent an officer to my house. He informed me that he had personally responded to the call earlier in the day where my car had been abandoned, high centered on a median with the front drivers side tire broken off. Apparently, the punks that stole it couldn't keep it under control. At least I have insurance right? Wrong! I switched from B of A to bank of the west last month and my annual policy came due on the 23erd automatically but from an account that didn't exist anymore. I was terrified that the car was in really bad shape. I couldn't even bring myself to go see it at the tow yard till Sunday.

Well, I forgot to take pics till I got it on the trailer, but it really wasn't as bad as it could of been. It looks like the main impact was to the drivers tire, before it could even bend the Crager, my 2" drop spindle bent then the nut stripped off. The rotor snapped my CPP caliper right in half and completely bent the mounting bracket. The tie rod broke off clean... My Moroso oil pan looked like a squashed toadstool on super Mario bros. I was able to pull off the caliper and rig the wheel on to pull it up onto my trailer. That's when it hit me to take a pic. It came out terrible so I'll just share ones from unloading it.

They will have to be on my next post, I can't figure out how to get pics off my phone. Pictures will be up when I get home.
youre very lucky you got it back :yes::yes: glad to hear it

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting her off the trailer...

As you can see i had to rig a way to get it off the trailer

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And i ended up with a new gasket, guess thats a plus

I am honestly relieved... After the conversation i had with the officer i thought the car was trashed. More pics to come, i should have the replacement parts from CPP tomorrow

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I DON'T NEED PICS TO IMAGINE THE DAMAGE! I'M JUS' GLAD YA GOT IT BACK WITH MINIMAL DAMAGE! :yes:
KEEP YA HEAD UP AND BRING IT BACK EVEN BETTER! :cool:

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Could have been worse

Yeah, it could have been much worse. I assume you will check the subframe alignment, A-arms and all that as part of your repairs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
****ing theives

good for you bro, get her ripping and cruise around the neighborhood with a **** eaten grin on your face, theyl see ya. unfortunately there prolly closer to home than one could imagine.... anyway this reminded me of when i was remodeling a business office downtown where i am from and the owner was heavy into old cars. He had a 442, couple vettes, camaro, and this car... oh what was it... man i cant remember it right now but it was rare and kinda like the 442. anyway the owner had his secretaries son living on site keeping an eye on all his equipment, cars, buildings, tools .. ya know. well he decided to take the ...g6 is all i can think of, i know that's not is tho and not a gtx(edit, a GS! I remembered duh)... out for a cruise and show off to his lil girl friend. he ended up hitting a median and driving with only three wheels back to the shop and parking it like nothing happened. needless to say the next morning i came in to work and he and his mom were packing there stuff up. she didnt live there but had her desk to empty. that was one expensive mistake. I can just remember him saying, "at least i brought it back" lol :no: ya he should thank you for being so kind. pph.

good luck buddy way to keep your head up

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
glad you got it back, I guess it feels like you be violated. Not to get off the subject, not much. Can you post up acouple of pics of your truck in the background?

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
But at least i know my bottom end is still pretty :yes:

I don't see a tack weld on your oil pump pickup. :no:

You did tack weld your pickup to you pump didn't you??? :confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts