Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get to know my new Nova and am looking for something more then the Chilton repair guide. I’ve seen online factory assembly manuals that breakdown the whole car and all of its options. Any advice on this. Which one is most detailed? Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have seen that book and another one that is blue that actually says it’s a factory assembly manual. Does anyone know which one is better or are there others? What I’m looking for is the best reference and a complete breakdown and explanation of all parts and pieces.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the 72 factory assembly manual. It's a collection of blueprints showing how everything is installed and routed. It's reference material for the assembly line and great information. My only complaint is it doesn't show the placement of the side view mirrors which ironically is the main reason I bought it!

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,370 Posts
Want to get to know my new Nova and am looking for something more then the Chilton repair guide. I’ve seen online factory assembly manuals that breakdown the whole car and all of its options. Any advice on this. Which one is most detailed? Thanks for your insight.
Sent you PM.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have the 72 factory assembly manual. It's a collection of blueprints showing how everything is installed and routed. It's reference material for the assembly line and great information. My only complaint is it doesn't show the placement of the side view mirrors which ironically is the main reason I bought it!
Where on earth did you get it? I'd love to have one for my '69. I hoard old mechanical schematics and documents; engineering hobby I guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
search out Chevy Nova Factory Assembly Manual Reprint

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Unfortunately, GM didn't put everything in one manual. You'll need at least two to get a complete picture, and I think there's a third one as well. Sorry - don't recall the names off the top of my head, but you can search around and find them used for a decent price. Buy up everything you can in the way of original GM documentation and one day you won't regret it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rockauto sells reprints of fisher body, assembly manuals, folders and so on for different year Nova's.
Either books or cd's, for a reasonable price.
Just search your vehicle and year on their site and check the tab literature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts