Chevy Nova Forum banner

661 - 664 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well, I do agree, and nice word.. But in the end, everything worked out perfect. I couldn't ask for any more out of this motor or the people who helped build it. 100% streetable mid 11 second street car in full trim. Not to mention how much I learned along the way-- priceless :)

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #662 (Edited)
Artie: did you go to the 1.6 ratio rockers when you ran those times?
Correcting the fuel mixture will undoubtedly help the top end speed.
I'm curious about the plug fouling because as I recall we saw mysterious Fuel mixture readings on the dyno with the dual plane intake. If the same plugs are showing richness and the others are leaner, don't make the mistake of leaning it out too far. If they are all the same then don't worry about it.
I can't wait to go for a ride.

(sorry, I'm a little late to this conversation due to my lack of reliable internet connection.)

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #663 (Edited)
I got a reply from Artie via email. This time was with 1.5 rockers. I project that 1.6 rockers on the intake would improve things significantly, but this would have to be tested out.
He also got confirmation from the track that his best 1/4 mile time was 11.39! considering how much his car weighs, certainly there is 10 second potential out of this very streetable combination.
I may build a second one for myself when I get back to put it in a daily driver that can also run 10.99 or quicker class .

·
Registered
290 Posts
Today, I hauled the pass side head to Kinetics Racing engines and did the baseline testing. Even though I cleaned it, it still stinks like shellac. I had to put it in the bed of the truck it was so bad. Must have been running stale gas or something.

I don't have a definitive answer on the keeper groove damage yet but I will check it out further. One speculation is the XE "Extreme" cams are harder on the valvetrain due to quicker opening and closure rates. The intake valves are steel and the exhaust are stainless. The keepers and retainers are black oxide steel. I'm thinking the retainer and keepers just don't fit the generic valves very well, but I don't have a final judgement yet.

Anyway, here's some pixs of testing. Graphs of data in next post.
hey do you have any data on sp2's after you ported them

661 - 664 of 664 Posts