Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alright now my car is getting bodywork/paint suspension mods.its time to get the brodix heads on the new engine,i know i need to put sealant on the headstuds,what are you guys useing to keep the headstuds from backing off when you take the heads off,from what i have heard you dont tighten the studs into the block,hand tight only is what arp is saying to do.i dont want to pull the stud out when takeing the heads off,it seems they will come out when your removeing the nuts?also the rocker arm studs go into the intake runners what sealant to use there that is gas resistant?????
thanks don

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use permatex high tack sealant on my headstuds.....

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
go with the stuff that never lets you down or fails... there are 2 products. one has beed around as long as cars has.. Permatex #2 non harding gasket maker.... I was using this stuff in the 60/70's and it worked 100% then and now, the other is Permatex Ultra black Silicone...

Either one of these products with clean threads will seal 100% with out a leak. If properly used...(easy to use).... and clean up after (or when you pull the engine back down)

Been covered many times.....

do a search on the site..... for permatex #2....

BTW Permatex #2 has all kinds of applications.... anywhere a thread meets water.. intakes, water pumps, t stat housings, holds gaskets in place, etc.....

.. great product....

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
You need to follow the instructions to the letter.
ARP is the fastener experts.
Don't worry about removing the stud when you take the heads off. If it comes out, put it back in.

The main PIA with head studs is leaking, letting water bypass.

I used

1 - 5 of 5 Posts